Dr. Donald R. Culton was the first-full-time administrator for international education at a California community college and laid the groundwork for community college study abroad that expanded opportunities for more students to have an internationalized experience.
AMOUNT: Each scholarship will be up to $ 500. The number of awards and amount of awards will be determined by the CCIE scholarship committee. Please note that only colleges current with their dues can apply.
The scholarship can be utilized for any aspect of the study abroad experience including reimbursement of tuition, airfare, or for use while abroad. The student will receive her/his award only after there is confirmation that his/her study abroad tuition has been paid by at least 50%. All awards will be disbursed to the student’s college scholarship office.
APPLICATION DUE DATES:
Fall Semester 2023 Due August 14
Spring Semester 2024 Due November 20
Summer Session 2024 Due March 31
PROCEDURE: Applicants are reviewed and ranked by CCIE Scholarship Committee.
1) Student must attend a study abroad program that is offered by a CCIE member college. Preference is given to programs that are a minimum of 21 days in duration. The CCIE member college must be current with their dues.
2) Student must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
3) Student must have completed 1 modern language course while in high school, community college, or university
4) Student must agree to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours prior to or upon return from the program to assist the study abroad coordinator in future outreach efforts.
5) Student must complete an out-reach project that promotes expanding study abroad opportunities at the student’s home institution or within the local community.
6) Student must submit a final report indicating how the award was utilized and results of the out-reach project.
Submit all application components to Rosalind Raby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement describing (500 words)
- a) why you want to study abroad
- b) why you deserve this award
- Description of the out-reach project (500 words)
Examples of out-reach projects include:
- a) writing for the student newspaper;
- b) maintaining a blog;
- c) visiting college and high school classrooms;
- d) organizing a study abroad fair, etc.
- Copy of your unofficial transcript
- Note from your study abroad office indicating that you are attending the study abroad program