California Colleges for International Education is a consortium dedicated to the ideal of increasing international understanding through education. At present, eighty-four California community colleges are members.
California Colleges for International Education (CCIE) is a consortium established in 1984. CCIE is dedicated to the ideal of increasing international understanding through education and collaboration. The consortium helps support the growth of programs affiliated to international education: a) Faculty Exchanges; b) International Business; c) International Development/ Contract Education; d) International Students; e) Internationalizing the Curriculum; and f) Study Abroad. CCIE sponsors a Clearinghouse Webpage, annual meetings, thematic workshops, quarterly study abroad brochure, and a monthly newsletter that serve to advance these efforts. In addition, CCIE hosts an annual faculty grant/student scholarship competition in which monies are provided for staff development and student experiential learning. CCIE is the primary voice of international education in the state and is instrumental in bringing the Chancellor’s Office Global Education/International Education programs to scale system wide.
- Encourage development of an international perspective in community college classrooms
- Increase awareness of and encouragement in international development through technical education
- Promote opportunities for sharing of international/ intercultural expertise
- Form liaisons between national organizations and consortia involved in international activities
- Provide an international and intercultural education resource body to the Chancellor’s Office of the California Community Colleges